Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's Rapport - No, Not Michael

How can establishing rapport lead to miraculous things occuring? I met a man last week in the local park playing catch with his dog. I had casually interected with this man before at the same park, but never got his name, although I did get his dog's name. I figured I would go and talk to him and his dog. We had a few minutes of general chit chat, and it was through this that I had apparently built some rapport with this man. I had introduced myself and he told me his name. As we continued to talk, he started to share a very personal story with me about how his son had committed suicide almost exactly a year ago. I did nothing special during his sharing other than to be fully there listening to him. He was emotional during our discussion, and felt some relief by the end of our time talking. We acknowledged that what had happened was a true miracle, for before I left on my walk I had written a scene change about wanting the Law of Attraction to reveal to me related to the Celebration of Life. I mentioned this to the man, and he revealed to me that he was going to be having a party to celebrate the life of his son in the next week. We hugged each other and on my way I went. This was such a powerful example of the Law of Attraction at work, but also how important building rapport is in allowing another person to open up and share things that may be very personal. The Law of Attraction totally allowed the manifestation of celebration of life for me in this instance. Often times, we have needs that we can get met through interaction with others. This was definitely the case for me, when I had an exchange with this stranger that was miraculous and reinforcing for me. None of this would have been possible if not for my first being fully present with this individual in a way that built serious rapport in a very short time. This interaction was so powerful, I literally had the shakes afterward and I had to note to myself the power of the Law of Attraction and the power of truly being there for someone in a way that establishes rapport. What are some examples in your life where you were able to establish rapport with another? What came up for you at that time?

No comments: